- This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (“AKPK”) uses your personal data.
- AKPK is fully committed to ensure that our processing of personal data complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
- This Notice relates to your personal data that you have voluntarily provided to AKPK when you access our services.
Purpose of Notice
- This notice is issued pursuant to the PDPA to all individuals who are customers, smart partners, stakeholders, vendors, and/or providers of goods and/or services and their employees who:
- in the past have attended or in future may attend AKPK’s financial education, financial counselling and debt management programmes; or
- submit any tender/proposal to AKPK.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
- AKPK processes personal data for the following purposes, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- To provide financial education and financial counselling services
- To develop a personalised debt management programme (DMP)
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our financial education programmes and DMP
- To assess vendor suitability for awarding any contract applications
- To enforce the rights and obligations in the contracts, including making payments for goods and/or services and maintaining personal details of key personnel responsible for the vendors’ obligations under the contracts
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys with the view to improve the quality of our services
- To provide information on our product and services
- To verify information relating to personal particulars, employment background, and financial standing
- Other legitimate business activities of AKPK.
Types of Personal Data Processed
- AKPK processes personal data, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Personal particulars: name, race, religion, date of birth, age, gender, address, contact details, NRIC number, passport number, marital status, details of spouse, dependents and next of kin and education background
- Employment history
- Loan and bank account number & balances and statutory contributions, i.e. EPF, SOCSO and income tax
- Information on asset, liability and credit worthiness.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- AKPK may disclose your personal data to the following parties, including request made mandatory under any applicable laws of Malaysia:
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements; and
- Any other relevant entities, including banks, insurer, takaful operators, development financial institutions and cooperatives.
Access of Personal Data
- Under the PDPA, you have the right to access your personal data to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date.
- For any clarification on this document and personal information related request, you may request for access to amend and/or update your personal data by contacting Mr Mohd Adnan Anan Abdullah, Personal Data Protection Officer at:
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number : 603 – 2610 5620
Fax number : 603 – 2616 7603
Operating hours : 8.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
(Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays)
- AKPK takes practical steps to protect the collected personal data and its confidentiality. AKPK ensures that appropriate administrative, security safeguards and procedures taken are in line with the applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data.
- AKPK ensures that the collected personal data will be retained and destroyed as prescribe in section 10 of the PDPA.
- The personal data you have provided to AKPK are accurate and up-to-date and if there is any change to the data, you should notify AKPK accordingly.